- 1 clove of garlic finely grated or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 4 teaspoons low fat greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons mayo
- 30-40g crumbled blue cheese depending on preference. I used Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of good olive oil
Grate or chop the garlic and add to a pot or bowl to mix. Squeeze the lemon juice into the garlic and leave it sit for a few minutes. I find this mellows the intensity of raw garlic as the acid cooks it somewhat like a ceviche.
Add the garlic powder, onion powder, yogurt, mayo to the pot and mix. Crumble the cheese into the mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a good olive oil on top to finish the dip off and give it one last stir.
You can play around with the measurements to your taste but remember the cheese will impart it’s flavour as you let it sit in the fridge so don’t worry if it’s not tasting too intense to start with.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. I used mine as a dressing for iceburg lettuce, slaw and rare steak.You could also use as a dip for anything you might fancy such hot wings, breadsticks, carrot sticks, cucumber, tortilla chips.