https://tees-n-cheese.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screenshot_20181220_230318.jpg 1077 1080 nicky batchelor http://tees-n-cheese.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/20200903_202654_0000.png nicky batchelor2019-01-20 18:41:462019-01-20 18:41:46Middle Eastern Lamb Lollipops with Fragrant Yogurt Recipe
Middle Eastern Lamb Lollipops Ingredients
- Around 8 lamb cutlets. I used Welsh Lamb from my local market in Cardiff
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp Urfa Biber / Urfa Pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 salted lemon diced finely
- 1 large garlic clove grated finely
- 3 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 3 tsp vinegar (I used sherry)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl, minus the lamb and stir.
- Add the mixture to the lamb and use your hands to make sure everything is coated.
- Leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer.
- You don’t want the delicate herbs and spiced to burn on the direct heat of a pan so I grilled them for around 10 minutes in my airfryer on a high heat.
- It depends on the thickness but make sure they are still a little pink inside and not dried out.
Fragrent Yogurt Dip Recipe
- A couple of dollops of Greek Yogurt
- 2 small cornichons diced finely
- 1 teaspoon mint sauce or jelly
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sprinkle of Sumac
Add everything to a bowl and leave to do it’s magic in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
I put the cooling minty yogurt in a bowl in the centre of a large plate, surrounded by the middle eastern spiced lamb lollipops for dunking. No cutlery needed.