http://tees-n-cheese.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_7463.jpg 1079 1080 nicky batchelor http://tees-n-cheese.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/20200903_202654_0000.png nicky batchelor2018-10-21 19:56:482018-10-21 19:56:48My Shakshuka Recipe – Turkish Eggs
- Tin of good quality plum tomatoes. Go for whole not chopped
- 1 pepper chopped into chunks
- 1/4 of a pack of feta
- Bunch of parsley chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon cummin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon mixed middle eastern spice (I got a meatball spice mix from my local world food market that I used or you can just stick with the cumin and paprika)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Sourdough bread
- Real butter
- Fry the onions in a bit of oil to brown for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers after a couple of minutes to the onions to give them a chance to brown as they don’t always brown with peppers due to the moisture they give off.
- When the onions are brown, add the garlic to the pan for a minute along with the tomato puree, cumin seeds, paprika and spice mix to cook out a little.
- Add the plum tomatoes to the pan and squash them in the pan. Mix everything to combine and cook on a lower heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add half the fresh parsley and stir and then c.
- Make 4 wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
- rumble the feta evenly over the mixture
- Cover the pan with a lid so that the eggs cook on top or if you haven’t got a cover, cook for a few minutes then finish under the grill. Just make sure you leave the eggs a bit runny for dunking.
- Just before the eggs are done, whack 4 pieces of sourdough in the toaster.
- Take the eggs off the heat as they will still continue to cook in the mixture.
- Scatter remaining parsley over the mixture and a good measure of Dukka for extra crunch.
- Place the pan on a heat resistant matt on the table and either eat from the pan or divide between two bowls.
** Make sure you dunk that thick, toasted, butter drenched sourdough in the gooey eggs. **